- AmazingRibs.com’s Favorite Backyard Smoker: “The amazing KBQ is the most innovative smoker in the world. The quality of meat from this machine is astonishing.”
- Cited by three James Beard Foundation Award winners. Winner of Hearth & Home’s Vesta Award for Innovation.
- Uses a REAL WOOD FIRE, not gas, charcoal, pellet, or electric heat. KCBS-legal for competition.
- Inverted Flame™ Firebox makes thin blue smoke automatically. AutoDraft™ Controlbox maintains temperature automatically. A true “stickburner,” without the headaches and heartaches.
- Invented, designed, and made in Texas by a veteran USN submariner. Laser-cut, stainless steel construction throughout. Protected by US Patents 7,895,942, 8,635,947, and 9,526,376.
KBQ® has tamed the real wood fire to eliminate the long apprenticeship required to master a traditional “stick-burner.” If you can put a log in a box, you can make thin blue smoke and great barbecue in a KBQ® pit. Each pit includes:
- Firebox: Inverted Flame™ technology with Smoke Selector™ feature, of 14GA 304SS
- Controlbox: AutoDraft™ technology, of 18GA 430SS
- Cookbox: 60-lb capacity with 12-position racks, of 18GA 430SS
- Four wire shelves of 201SS; interchangeable with full size hotel steam pans
- Two 3″ wheels pre-mounted on the rear legs
- One Fire Tending Hook
- One sweet KBQ® can coolie
Before ordering you should be aware of a few facts to avoid any surprises (a read-through of the Owner’s Manual at KBQ. US may also be helpful):
- The Firebox will require tending (settling the coals and adding a small log or two) about every 30 minutes. This is not a “set-and-forget” pit.
- Finding fuel can be a challenge. The C-60 runs best on small logs that are bigger then a Red Bull can and smaller than a common brick. You won’t want to run it on charcoal or billiard ball-sized chunks, which are too small, too dry, and too expensive. Line-up a wood supply first.
- The Firebox uses a semi-open flame and will spark occasionally; it also gets very hot. So, it’s not advisable to use the pit when or where you wouldn’t build a small camp fire, like on a houseboat, on a wood deck, or during dry, windy weather.
Other stuff you should know:
- Fishy-looking “Just Launched” sellers’ listings on this page really are too good to be true – hold on to your wallet.
- Your pit will ship with signature required for delivery unless other arrangements are confirmed before shipping.